Friday, February 4, 2011

Review: MAKE UP FOREVER Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser

As my first blog post I decided to write about a make-up remover I have been using for about 2-3 months.  This MUFE eye make-up remover is ideal for people with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers (which I am).  After having a terrible drying experience with a previous make-up remover, my mom swung by Sephora and asked for the best sensitive eye remover and my loyal Sephora salesman pointed her in the direction of this one. The packaging is very nice, with a twist pump, meaning you turn the pump to allow the creamy formula to come out.  Although, the packaging is small and compact, it contains 100 mL of this product.  i have to admit though, within the first week I accidentally broke the pump, don't worry it still works though.  This is a mineral oil-free make-up remover for not only the eyes BUT for the lips as well!

The bottle looks like this with the pump open.
As it says on the bottle the product is perfume free and alcohol free.  Also, it is dermatologist and optalmologist tested.  As all MUFE this make-up remover is made in the wonderful  country of France.

As you can see, the label says all the things I mentioned, minus the dermatologist tested part (Sephora.com)
This is no ordinary make-up remover! The first thing I noticed was very new to me.  Instead of being the usual liquid consistency it is a "gel" but to me it feels more like a liquidy cream. This unique formula is very gentle yet effective and quickly removes the toughest gel liner.
The product on the pump tube.

As you can see, this is why I consider it a "liquidy cream"
As a test, I drew a line on my hand with Revlon ColorStay's Liquid Eye Pen, which is a long-lasting felt-tip liquid liner.  Here are some pictures to show the results.



Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen on my hand.

MUFE eye make up remover was left on half my hand for 45 seconds .

With one wipe, this is how it came off (with some left over product) .

As you can very well see, the make up remover did work very effective and when taking off my everyday eye make-up, it takes me 2 or less cotton balls or cotton pads!  The downside is the very hefty price, $28 CAD., $23 AMER.!  Also, it does occasionally leave some film on my contacts.  However, it is non-greasy, gentle, skin-soothing, and easy to use! I will be buying this again, because although it is expensive, it does last a long time.  In addition, this is exclusively sold at Sephora.

Leave a comment on other make-up removers and give me some advice and hopefully compliments on my blog post.  Also, please leave me some other products to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment