Saturday, March 26, 2011

Look For It: OPI Pirate Of The Caribbean Collection

The Collection!
So, with the newest addition to Disney's Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie coming out on May 20, 2011, OPI created a new collection for it!  The collection is set to be released on May 1, 2011! 

--

As for my opinion of the collection: I can't wait but it is not what I expected with a "pirate" theme.  When I first heard of the collection I was thinking more muddy and grungy with an occasional pop of colour (like a bright blue).  To my surprise and delight the colours are pretty much pastel (PERFECT FOR SPRING!).  I did a bit more research on the collection and Suzi Weiss-Fischmann (Executive VP and artistic director of OPI) said  "'The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' lacquers were inspired by a world filled with mythical mermaids, gleaming treasure and high-seas adventure. With shades ranging from sage and lavender to khaki gray and pastel pink, these colors are evocative of a warm, tropical setting, with a classic nautical influence." 

--

The colours are Mermaid's Tears, Stranger Tides, Planks A Lot, Sparrow Me The Drama, Skull and Glossbones, Steady As She Rose and Silver Shatter Top Coat!

--

I am super pumped about this collection (especially the Silver Shatter Top Coat)!

What are your favourites and would you buy it let alone wear it?

xx, tayy <3

2 comments:

  1. i love OPI!! this collection is gorgeous, i want them, especially the planks alot, purple is my favourite colour and this one is pretty.
    xk
    http://alazygirlsguidetobeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this collection is going to be amazing and I am counting down the days until it comes out!

    ReplyDelete