Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How To: Make Your Own Dotting Tool

Hey girls,

Lately, I've been wanting a dotting tool but I've never seen them at Sally's or BSO's so I have been watching different nail tutorials where people substitute a dotting tool for household materials!  I love this idea so I thought I would share a few of these things with you.


1. Toothpick

The toothpick is the most commonly used one! I can see why, its easy to use, cheap and disposable.  However, with a toothpick, be prepared to get really small dots!

2. Ballpoint Pen

This is my favourite one to use.  It is so comfortable (with the right pen) and gives you so much control.  Try using one that has run out of ink so the ink doesn't come out but it will work with one with ink anyway.

3. Bobby Pin

The point on a bobby pin comes in all shapes and sizes so you can have a bunch of dotting tools.  I'm sure all of us have a bobby pin in our room so why not use it for nails?  Just remember to bend your bobby pin before you use it!

I hope I have helped you out with this post.  There you have it 3 alternatives to a dotting tool that can be found right in your household.  I hoped you enjoyed reading this and have a wonderful day/night!


8 comments:

  1. I love dotting tools! Great post!!
    http://introtobeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never find them! Thank -you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you've just been given an award!! :)
    http://introtobeauty.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks, I'll mention you in my next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I'm definitely going to try the pen or the pin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANX SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! LOVE THE BOBBY PIN BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem, thanks for reading and I hope this was helpful x

      Delete