Sunday, June 5, 2011

Taylor's Favourites: Skincare Products Summer 2011

Hey y'all.  I know you can't see my skin but I do have pretty clear skin... on my face as for my back, I am on a new system which if you want, I will talk about on another blog post.  As for my face, I used to have way more acne 2 years ago but ever since I went to my dermatologists my skin has been amazing.

My Face Wash:

My cleanser is called pHisoHex.  It contains hexachlorophene (3%) and is an anti-bacterial subsiding emulsion.  To be perfectly honest, no 15 year old knows what that means.  So my dermatologist explained what it does to me.  It basically removes all your bacteria from your skin and the cumulative bacteriostatic action helps to prevent its growth.  At first, I was not a fan of the smell it kind of smelled like Fresh Soy Cleanser.  It does not linger on your skin whatsoever and after 1-2 weeks you get used to it.  I use this once a day, usually at night.

Spot Treatment:


My spot treatment is also perspiration and is called Differin. It is an adapelene, and I have no idea what that means either but my wonderful dermatologist explained this product to me as well.  When "Differin" is absorbed into your skin it begins to normalize the skin cells that clog your pores (and create acne).  Besides treating your pimples it is also used to prevent acne which is so important.  I put this on right before I go to bed and let it dry.

Facial Moisturizer:

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer is suitable for all skin types.  I love this moisturizer because it absorbs really fast and doesn't give you a heavy feeling.  I love the fact that you only need a little bit and it lasts forever.  It also moisturizes your skin really well.  I use this right before I apply my make-up so it moisturizes throughout the day.

Eye Cream:


Caudalie's Pulpe Vitaminee Eye And Lip Cream is meant for people with sensitive skin. You literally need the tiniest amount of this and it goes a long way.  It is quite expensive for only 15mL of product but it can last probably a year or more.  This is my miracle product and it is so effective yet gentle.  I apply it with my ring finger (since it has the softest pressure point) after my facial moisturizer in the morning and before bed.  You can find this at Sephora.

Make-Up Remover:
MAC Make-Up Removing Wipes are my favourite make-up removers because you can buy them in bulk and you can Back To MAC them.  Not only that but they do their job.  If you want clear skin make sure you take off all your make-up to ensure that you do not clog your pores.  I also use this everyday to clean my gel-liner brush.  These are so quick and easy to use.  I use this every time I need to take off my make-up.

Eye Make-Up Remover:

I use the Clinique Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.  If you look back on my first blog post, I used the MUFE Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser.  I just ran out of that last week and ever since I've been using this.  I have to day the Clinique one is gentler and does not leave any film, which I always look for.  It removes waterproof make-up too.  I got mine at Sephora.

So, this is my skincare routine at the moment.   I hope you all enjoy and have a chance to check out these amazing products.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway too!  Click HERE for a link to my giveaway!

xoxo, Taylor <3

No comments:

Post a Comment