Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How To: Lace Nails

Hey everyone,

After using my Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in "Laced Up", I've been wanting to create true lace nails. One of my friends in amazing with nail art (the one who showed me the newspaper nails trick), and when I told her my quest she said she's been there done that.  Today I'm going to tell you how to make your own lace nails.  The picture I'm using is not mine, I don't have any lace so I can't take the picture for you.  If I do get lace, then I'll replace the picture.


Materials Needed:
- Thin Pieces of Lace (Any Colour)
- A Base Colour (Any Colour)
- Brush On Nail Glue/ Clear Coat
- Top Coat
- Scissors
- Nail File

1. Cut 10 Pieces of your thin lace, keep in mind the size of you nails.
2. Paint your base colour and let it dry completely.
3. One finger at a time, brush the nail glue on.  Nail glue works the best and is under $10 at your drugstore but if you don't want to buy nail glue then just use a clear coat.  If you want to buy a nail glue my friend uses the 5 Second Brush On Nail Glue.
4. Lay the piece of lace on top of it and let it set.
5. Once it is dry, take your scissors and trim the lace to fit your finger.
6.  Apply your top coat or you can re-apply your nail glue and use is as a top coat to seal the lace and make your nails shiny.
7. Once the glue dries (you'll know because the lace will feel hard) smooth any rugged edges at your tips with a nail file.

That's all you have to do to get gorgeous lace nails that will leave everyone wondering how you even did that.  I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy lace nail tutorial and let me know if you try this or any other nail designs you'd like to see.  Please hit that follow button if you haven't already and let me know what other blog posts you would like!  Thanks for reading!

Taylor, xoxo.

10 comments:

  1. That such a great idea!! I'm gonna have to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I do a blog post about it if you try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Im following!
    Follow me to :http://glittercouture19.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey im your 100th follower!! CONGRATS! http://bloomwithbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just made my night! Thank-you SO much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Come check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, sure will what's the link?

    ReplyDelete