Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Taylor's favourites: Fall/Winter Nail Polishes of 2011

Hey y'all,

So today I am telling you my favourite fall nail polishes with the exception of Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday which is just an all-time favourite.  If you would like to know more about that nail polish I wrote a whole blog post about it.  Click HERE to read it!  Let's get into my faves!

China Glaze "Sugar Plums"



This colour is a deep red with sparkles which you don't see too often which is why I love this colour.  This was from the Christmas collection last year which explains the silver lid.  It's described as a plum shimmer.

 China Glaze "Jitterbug"


This colour is from the Vintage Vixen collection also from 2010 but I'm not sure if they still sell it.  Anyways Jitterbug is a dark grey (which is in for Fall!) with tiny little silver glitters.  It dries kind of gritty but not as gritty as a glitter polish would.

Orly "Rage"


Orly's Rage is just an outstanding colour.  It is the perfect rose gold and is super flattering for every skin tone.  Metallics especially rose gold have been really raved about lately!   This was from the Foil FX collection but it is still available.

Orly "Luxe"


Luxe is from the same collection, called Foil FX, as Rage.  Luxe is described as a metallic gold with shimmer.  This is one of the best golds I own and I adore how it looks on your nails.  If you want to play it safe with metallics Luxe is the go-to colour.

Sephora By OPI "Rumba Romance"


Rumba Romance is described as (by Sephora) an opaque metallic bronze.  There's no better description of this colour.  It is amazing and is on sale for $5 at Sephora and sephora.com.  Again, it is part of the whole "metallic trend" in Fall.

Sephora By OPI "Sample Sale"


This was from the Christmas collection last year and it is my favourite red.  I feel like the best time to buy red nail polishes are during Christmas.  I would describe it as a ruby red colour.  It kind of reminds me of Dorothy's infamous red shoes!  It has some glitter but it is really easy to apply and take off.

OPI "Black Onyx"


I LOVE black nail polish for all-around but I always wear it during colder months.  I use to use the cheapest ones at the drug store but I have learned that when it comes down to it, OPI's Black Onyx is the best I have tried and I adore it!

OPI "Light My Sapphire"


Light My Sapphire is one of those "almost black but not colours"  I usually hear about those done with purples but this one is a VERY dark blue!  It has some shimmer and just looks gorgeous on.

OPI "We'll Always Have Paris"


This colour is really old but classic.  It was from the Fall 2008 collection called La Collection De France.  It is a creme, vampy dark red colour.  In some lighting it even look purple.  Think of it as the red version of Lincoln Park After Dark.

OPI "Not Like The Movies"


I can't even describe the beauty of this colour.  It looks grey but as you can tell it can look green, purple, yellow, gold even blue.  This was from the Katy Perry collection earlier this year so you might be able to find it still in stores.  I can't wait to paint my nails this!

Rimmel Lasting Pro "Bare Naked"


I found this at Wal-Mart in August for $3 and I bought it on a complete whim but it is safe to say that Bare Naked it my favourite nude so far.  It is opaque (which is really hard to find with nudes) and it just gives an amazing finish.  It also barely chips.

Nicole By OPI "Too Rich For You"


This will always be one of my favourite nail polish colours and I wish I bought 824693824619 back-ups.  This was from the Gossip Girl collection and it is a dark blue - green but more blue for sure.  I am wearing it under Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday and this maybe my favourite nail combination ever.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Pronto Purple"


Pronto Purple is a medium-dark purple with some micro lighter purple shimmers within it.  It is the best and cutest purple I own and think it would look great on all skin tones.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure "Black Platinum"


This colour is supposed to resemble Chanel's Black Pearl (I might be wrong on that one).  Nonetheless, it is a beautiful yet simple colour.  It looks like Light My Sapphire but a but darker and more grey-toned. It still has that really dark blue but not black vibe as well.

So that is it for today, I hope you enjoyed today's little post and let me know what your favourite fall/winter nail polishes are.  I'll be back with another blog post before you know it, school and dance have been getting a little crazy but don't worry I'll always be back with y'all.  If you have a question or request leave it in the comments, tweet me @xoTaaaylor or e-mail me at taylorh009@gmail.com  Talk to y'all very very soon.  Byee!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. wow, Jitterbug is SUCH a gorgeous color!! and rage is one of my all-time favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's so pretty! If I find another one I'll be giving it away! Rage is my favourite metallic that I own :$

    ReplyDelete