Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How To: Be Supergirl for HALLOWEEN

Hey y'all!

So I have yet another Halloween tutorial for you!  Today's costume is Supergirl which is super easy to create and perfect for those last-minute costume ideas.  I've been Supergirl before for Halloween but I actually bought the costume and I like this version way better.  So enjoy!



PART ONE: MAKE-UP

Products Used:
- NYX Eyeshadow Pencil in "Baby Blue"
- MAC 239 Shader Brush
- Lancome Eyeshadow in "Marine"
- Sephora Eyeshadow in "Caruleen"
- MAC 217 Crease Brush
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in "Gunmetal"
- Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner in "Cool Mint"
- CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in "Midnight Blue"
- Yves Rocher Extra Volume Mascara in "Bleu"
- Sephora Lipgloss in "Perfect Nude"

EYES


The eye look
1. Apply a blue cream shadow all over your lid so the look looks more vibrant and dramatic.
2. With a shader brush apply a dark blue eyeshadow with lighter blue shimmer all over your lid.
3.  Flip the shader brush around and take a very bright electric blue eyeshadow and apply it to the inner half of your lid on top of the dark blue shadow.  Make sure to press it on and not sweep it on.
4. Apply a dark grey-blue eyeshadow in the crease of your eye to deepen up the look.
5. On your waterline apply a minty blue-green eyeliner on the inner third of your waterline.
6. Line the rest of your waterline with a dark blue.
7. Curl your lashes and apply some blue mascara

LIPS



For the lips I kept it very simple with a nude opaque gloss.  Since the eyes are very dramatic and the  iconic Supergirl blue I thought a nude lip would due.

PART TWO: COSTUME





Top: A random stand in a mall that I made an off the shoulder top - Bluenotes has some nice Superhero style tops
Skirt: Club Monaco
Socks: Aritzia - TNA
Shoes: Converse

So that is it for my Supergirl costumes.  If you noticed my costumes are very simple and teenager-esque. Anyone can pull off these costumes and they don't cost a lot to make.  Since I'm not actually being Supergirl for Halloween I just made this costume out of items I had in my closet.  So that is it for my Supergirl costume.  I hope y'all liked it!  Please vote for me for the Beauty Blog Awards!  This contest (I guess) means the world to me!  Blog to you very soon! XO
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. awwww...you loook cutee !! nd I love the eye makeup !! : )

    http://shopaholicutie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for both the compliments, ahaha :)

    ReplyDelete