Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tips And Tricks: All About Make-Up!

Hey y'all,

So, I got an e-mail the other day about making a new Tips And Tricks post on make-up.  I always thought I did one of these so I looked for it and realized I haven't.  Since I'm sick, which explains the lack of posts, I decided to seize this opportunity and finally do a Tips And Tricks about make-up.

1. Use Deodorant To Matte-ify Your Face


I know this trick sounds really weird so let me explain.  Just put some of your deodorant on your finger and apply it to the "oily" parts of your face like your t-zone.  Think about it.  Deodorant stops odour and sweat so it would absorb the oil like it does for sweat.  I would suggest making sure the deodorant is non-comendogentic so you don't break out as well as a scent-less deodorant.

2. Avoid Your Lipstick From Bleeding


Apply a clear brow gel around your mouth.  Another really weird tip but I used to do this all the time for dance.  Since I'd be moving a lot I would have to re-apply if my lipstick bled.  One of my friends taught me this trick which she learned from a MAC artist.

3. Chapstick As Primer


I've only done this twice as a glitter eyeshadow primer before I bought any primers (or knew they existed).  I would take some chapstick on my finger and place it on my eyelid before wearing heavy glittery shadows for dance when I was younger.  I bet this also moisturizes as well since it's chapstick.

4. Curl Your Lashes Without A Lash Curler


Scared of eyelash curlers or simply don't have one?  Well you can still curl your lashes!  Grab your best curling mascara and apply 2 coats.  While the mascara is still wet, take your blow dryer (on Cool) and point it upward toward your lashes to curl them!

5. Make Mascara Less Of A Mess


When applying mascara, apply it to your bottom lashes first.  This avoids the messy smudging when you apply mascara to your top lashes first.  Let's be honest who really wants mascara smudges on their nicely done eyeshadow or even eyelid for that matter!

6. White Eyes, Bright Eyes


This last trick is very simple and pretty much everyone knows this.  If you want a bright eyed look apply some white (or even skin-toned, champagne or light colour) to the lower lash line.  This will make your eyes look bigger and brighter.

So that is it for today's post and believe or not this one post has been in progress for a few weeks.  I hope you enjoyed this post and it was very helpful to you.  Let me know if you would like more of these "Tips and Tricks" posts and I will talk to y'all very soon with another post!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment